AUSTROWAREN was found 1945 as a small trading company for barter systems in the foodstuff sector. Already from establishment strong attention to foreign contact was put particularly to the adjacent Eastern European countries.
Starting from 1960 the assortment is widened increasingly by packing, fastening and environmental technology.
In 1987 the company was transferred by GASKOKS - the former trading firm of the LÃ¤nderbank AG - now Bank Austria Creditanstalt AG.
In 2003 Austrowaren was bought of Haider Handels GmbH and renamed into AUSTROWAREN ALPHAPACK GMBH. In September 2004 the packing department was sold, therefore the department of fastening and environmental technology remained.